Chatsworth Road (up)Market

Things are looking up! We now have a new (revived after 10 years) and very local Sunday market on Chatsworth Road that was launched on November 7th. Hackney is already home to some of my favourite weekend markets; Columbia Road, Broadway Market and Brick Lane which are brimming with original ideas, local produce, vintage finds, yummy breakfasts and much more so I'm pretty happy that I now need only to potter down to the end of my street to find all this on offer.
At this stage it's being run as a pilot for a more permanent market so I hope that there will be plenty of local (and not so local) support for the stall holders and shops on Chatsworth Road. In this economic climate it is a brave enterprise and no doubt it'll be tough to make a hugely substantial profit but hopefully the stall holders will persevere. So far it has reportedly been a big success so I'm hoping it's here to stay!
I went along on the 7th November, a crisp but sunny Sunday morning and found the street bustling with crowds of local folk checking out the wares on sale at its 20 or so stalls and enjoying some live music courtesy of a musical duo nestled between stalls on a street corner. I couldn't get into the cafés, creperie or deli as their queues spilled out onto the street, so that's something to look forward to this Sunday 12th December. I hope I'll see lots of familiar faces there again - it's also a great place to catch up with neighbours!
On the run up to Christmas it's a perfect antidote to clone-high-street-hell, this quirky little shopping experience; vintage clothes and collectibles, crafts, gifts, fresh produce and food stalls and more. A great way to spend a Sunday morning and a real asset to our community. Keep up the good work the Traders and Residents Association!





Comments

Popular Posts